Friday 9 May 2014

The 31 day challenge

I started the 31 day challenge on Monday 7 April 2014, and carefully wrote in my diary what exercise I was supposed to do each day.
Taken from http://www.fitsugar.com

The first week didn't go so well, I completed only 3 days of exercise.
Monday: 30 min cardio
Tuesday: 20 min strength
Wednesday: got home late from work and got stuck into housework
Thursday: attended a memorial service
Friday: 20 min cardio (didn't fit in the full 40 min)
Saturday: Nothing
Sunday: Nothing

The second week started off really well, but then Easter weekend happened.
Monday: 20 min strength
Tuesday: 30 min cardio
Wednesday: 40 min strength
Thursday: nothing
Friday: rest day
Saturday: nothing
Sunday: nothing

Week three started off with a public holiday, but this was by far my best week of exercise.
Monday: nothing
Tuesday: 40 min strength
Wednesday: 30 min cardio
Thursday: 20 min stretch
Friday: rest
Saturday: 20 min stretch
Sunday: nothing

Week four was my worst week - Monday and Thursday were both public holidays, and I took leave on Friday.
Monday: nothing
Tuesday: 30 min cardio
Wednesday: 30 min strength and 10 min stretch
Thursday: nothing
Friday: rest
Saturday: nothing
Sunday: nothing

The 31-day challenge ended on Wednesday 7 May, which coincinded with another public holiday (voting day).
 Monday: 30 min cardio
Tuesday: nothing
Wednesday: nothing

The final tally: minus the rest days, there are 27 exercise days in the 31 day challenge. I completed 13.
13 out of 27 days ... that is not even 50%

After tallying up the score, I am a bit disappointed. But then I remember that this was a very ambitious challenge for someone who hasn't taken on any exercise for years, and I managed at least 2 days of exercise every week, if not more.

I will not be marking this particular New Years Resolution as "done" because I don't consider myself fit, and I haven't quite completed my goal (flat tummy). This one is going down as "in progress" and I hope that I can keep up the momentum going forward.




No comments:

Post a Comment